Samuel Armour (1855- 1919)
Samuel was from a long line of Armours in Argyll. He was a founding shareholder of the Picture House. He is listed in the Articles of Association dated 15th August 1913.
Samuel was born in Campbeltown in November 1855. His principle occupation was as an Ironmonger on Longrow but he was also private stockbroker. He married his first wife Rebecca McEachran in September 1881 and his second wife Catherine Wylie in June 1890.
Sam was also a founder member of the Campbeltown Bowing Club which celebrated its centenary in 2006. He won the club championship in 1913 and was President a year later.
Samuel had 3 children, Edward 1891 -1932 a Captain in the Argylls, Mary McKersie Armour 1893 -1983, and Kate (Dolly) Armour 1895 – 1992 a nurse in Queen Mary’s Army Auxiliary Corps and Citizen of the year for Campbeltown in 1987.
Samuel died 28th June 1919 and is buried in Kilkerran Cemetery.